An escape room is a popular activity for groups of friends or family members looking for an exhilarating challenge. But did you know that there is more to escape rooms than just being locked in a room and trying to find your way out? Here are 5 facts about escape rooms that you may not know:
1. The world’s longest escape room, in Pennsylvania, lasts 4 hours. While there are puzzle-solving adventure games that take longer, 4 hours is the longest time period to be locked in a single room with a mission to escape.
2. The first escape game, created in 1988, was a text-based game designed around John Wilson’s Behind Closed Doors, where the player is locked in the bathroom.
3. The largest escape game facility in the world is located in Budapest, Hungary, and has over 60 different rooms.
4. Takao Kato built the first real-life escape room in Tokyo in 2007 The concept originated as a nightlife event but quickly grew to be an activity all on its own. Kato’s introduction of a 60-minute timer and escape-based mechanics added onto the excitement of previous TV shows and games.
5. 60% of escape games in America pair escapees with random strangers. Ick, right? Don’t worry– Escape Room San Antonio will never pair you with a stranger!
It’s important to know that each escape room is unique. Whether you’re looking to brush up on your problem-solving skills, take on a challenge, or just have some good old fashioned fun – escape rooms are the perfect activity. So don’t miss out on all the thrills escape rooms have to offer! If you’re feeling adventurous, why not book one of our 6 rooms at Escape Room SA today?